Friday, September 23, 2011

Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?

I drained the oil. Then I went to change the filter and couldn't find the thing. I heard that it might be located in the top of the vehicle inside a compartment or something. I have never heard of that. I have only delt with the canister type.



1. Where's the friggen filter?

2. How much good did I do by only changing the oil and not the filter?Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?Answer

I am not an expert, however, on a Cavalier 05, with an Ecotec 2.2L the oil filter is at the front of the engine, from above, to the right. It's a blach cap that can be opened with a 1 1/4 inch socket wrench, with extender. The filter just drops in. Good Luck.









Answer

Most Newer Chevy Cavalier's Have A Paper Oil Filter, This Paper Oil Filter Is Located On The TOP of The Engine Normaly On The Driver Side





from google search

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_oTried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?If the filter has only had one lot of oil through it it will still be good for a while (presuming the old oil was not massively dirty). So don't worry about it too much. You have good new oil and that is the main thing. Maybe change it again a little earlier than you might have done with a new filter next time.Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?the filter is on the top end toward the front of the car on the end next to transmission (Drivers side) just below the intake and behind the radiator. it is a black cover with a 1 1/8%26quot; hex head for a large socket and extension. It has an o-ring seal around it so be careful when re-installing it as to not pinch the o-ring. This system is really nice as the oil drains away from the filter and there really is minimal mess involved. The only thing they could do to make it any better would be to make it so you can reach the drain plug from the top also.Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?ok , under the car, on the oil pan, you going to see a largen cap,,,, unscreew it an the fitler will be in side of it,Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?Changing the oil and not the filter is bad unless it was a Napa Gold or WIX filter(actually same filter) and Synthetic oil like Royal Purple. I am assuming it isn't. The owner's manual might show you where the filter is. I have seen the Ecotech insert type filter cap on the front of the engine. It makes it easy to change from the top. I would recommend changing the oil right away and using Wix and Royal Purple. Change the filter every 5,000 miles and the oil every 10,000 miles. You'll get a little boost in mileage and it won't cost more in the long run. You just change less often. Have Fun with it!!Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?listen to gyroman, and your car will last about 100,000 miles before it's pouring blue smoke out the tailpipe. Change your oil EVERY 3,000 MILES. anyways, some of the first answerers were right about where the filter is.Tried to change my oil today. I was unsuccessful. 2005 Chevy Cavalier.?hey its great your doing it your self. I'm sure you will venture farther into fixing your own vehicle. I think the best advise is to go to the parts store and buy you a bible on your vehicle, there about $20 and they have all your info and pics . they are awesome for someone who is learning, and a full time mechanic

No comments:

Post a Comment