Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do you perform an oil change on a 1986 Ford E150 van?

I've never done an oil change before. I have a brand new oil filter and some oil, and I have an oil wrench. I'd like to do this myself, but I'm not sure what to look for. It's way overdue for an oil change, drove it from LA to San Fran, to Colorado, back to LA a few months ago (yikes!) and still haven't done an oil change yet.



I have no means of elevating the vehicle. Can I do this at home in my drive way? Can anyone give me a step-by-step, or point me to some online resources? I tried googling this, but my search might be too specific..How do you perform an oil change on a 1986 Ford E150 van?You should not have to elevate the van just get you a drain pan crawl under the oil drain plug is located on bottom of oil pan should be toward back remove let oil drain for a few minutes. remove filter it should be located on drivers side front of engine also let it drain there for a few minutes put a small film on new oil on gasket of new filter and in stall should only hand tighten. replace oil drain plug and install oil start and let run for a few seconds the check oil level and check for leaks.How do you perform an oil change on a 1986 Ford E150 van?take the oil out, change filter,but oil back in

No comments:

Post a Comment