Monday, September 19, 2011

I drive a lexus gs 400 ,1998 how often do u need to change the oil and filter?

its the same as any car every 3000 mile or every 6 moths witch ever come first







http://www.ehow.com/how_5005526_change-oI drive a lexus gs 400 ,1998 how often do u need to change the oil and filter?Depends on who you ask and what you're referring to/with. In most manuals, Lexus included, it will now say 7500, but that's typically based on using synthetic oil. 1998 I don't think Lexus recommended using synthetic, but it doesn't hurt.



This then leads to the common misconception that synthetic %26quot;lasts longer%26quot; so that means I don't need to change as often. Not true, synthetic will break down over time like any other motor oil.



If you ask the dealership, or any oil change place, they will most undoubtedly say 3 months or 3000 miles, which is overkill really. I would say a good medium is every 5000 miles or three months, which comes first. Even if you don't drive your car, your oil degrades in quality once exposed to air.I drive a lexus gs 400 ,1998 how often do u need to change the oil and filter?check out CAR CLINIC RADIO and Bobby Likis ... you can Google either one and easily find this ...... he suggests doing oil at 3,000 or so ....



Considering how expensive the Lexus engine is and also how well made it is, I would change my oil / filter at abut 3,000 miles also ..... just for the peace-of-mind factor ...... if you like you car a lot .... then it is certainly worth taking care of ......



Have you given any thought to servicing your transmission????? It needs service also .... at about every 30,000 miles. I would do a total system flush on it and convert it to a synthetic fluid. I did this on my Lexus and I could really tell a difference ......



I keep my Lexus well serviced cuz I REALLY like it ......I drive a lexus gs 400 ,1998 how often do u need to change the oil and filter?First i would try reading the owners manual that came with your car. You'll probably also be able to find the manual at the Lexus website. Other then that a lexus dealer will tell you. But for oil it's normally every 6,000 miles, and i think filers are every third or fourth oil change but i'm not sure.I drive a lexus gs 400 ,1998 how often do u need to change the oil and filter?Every 3000 to 3500 miles and change the filter everytime you change the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment