Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have an oil leak from the canister that contains the oil filter in my BMW 530i.?

One mechanic(when changing oil lube) tells me that I have to replace the return hose. Does anybody know what this part means or is it even the correct terminology and how easy is it if I want to do it myself ?I have an oil leak from the canister that contains the oil filter in my BMW 530i.?the first thing to do is to determine where the oil is leaking from. sometimes this requires cleaning off the entire area, running the engine and then rechecking for fresh leaks. if it is from the oil return lines (yes this is the right term) going to the oil filter housing you may have to just replace the oil lines. it is also possible that the oil filter housing itself is leaking and you will have to replace the whole housing. this is not easy. the part is usually $350 - $450 and takes 3-4 hours.I have an oil leak from the canister that contains the oil filter in my BMW 530i.?i never see any leaks from the oil canister area on a 530 unless someone spills oil when changing the filter. there is a power steering canister close by with two hoses that will leak. anyway take it to a bmw shop that knows the car. most bmw's have all the same problems. that will save you money.

No comments:

Post a Comment