Thursday, September 15, 2011

How much oil is needed for an oil change on my 1998 Buick LeSabre?

I just changed the oil on my 1998 Buick LeSabre with my college age daughter. We were told it takes 5 quarts by the guy at the autoparts store but after draining the oil pan and changing the filter and then filling the crankcase with 5 qts, the dipstick shows about 1/2 inch above %26quot;fill%26quot; even though I ran the engine a little to distribute the oil throughout the engine. The owners manual does not say how much oil to put in. I hope we put the right amount in.How much oil is needed for an oil change on my 1998 Buick LeSabre?If you have a 3.8 liter - 232 cubic inch engine your motor is supposed to have 4.8 quarts of oil *if you use an AC-Delco PF 47 short oil filter.



I have found on this motor that you can use five full quarts *if you use an AC-Delco PF 52 which is a longer higher capacity oil filter.



Wally World sells both of thes filters for $3.00 and change.How much oil is needed for an oil change on my 1998 Buick LeSabre?it takes the same amount as my 1988 oldsmobile 3800 engine. it takes 4 1/2 quarts with a new filter. they have a small oil pan on those.How much oil is needed for an oil change on my 1998 Buick LeSabre?well remove oil filter drain out some



what one does is add four crank look for leaks then turnoff recheck level then add last or top off some car do that half a quart not hard to remove oil filter and let some out it wil not drain al lthe oil just whats in filter and can put it back on no big deal then you now know it takes 4 and a 1/2 to fil it but next oil change any car you do add four then crank check for leaks turn off and recheck level add more then if it needsHow much oil is needed for an oil change on my 1998 Buick LeSabre?go back to the auto parts store where you bought the oil and find the guy you told you to but in five quarts of oil bend him over and kick him as hard as you can,it only takes 4 quarts of oil.just about all cars take 4 quarts unless it has a big block in it then it takes 5 quarts,and the only cars now a days that have big block or trucks

No comments:

Post a Comment