Friday, June 3, 2011

How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?

I have a 2006 1100cc honda shadow. Do you have to change the oil filter every time you change the oil or every other time. Motorcycle oil is expensive, can you use regular car oil or does it have to be motorcycle oilHow often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Do you have the owner`s manual? - if so go read the damn thing. Everything you have asked is in there - people who make the bike usually know.Failing this go ask your dealer - get the rub of someone who sell the things and relies on their knowledge to live.Not a forum where you can be told anything.How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Well, your bike is newer i would believe it would use a full synthetic oil. I would check the owners manuel for specific type. changeing the oil often will extend the life of the motor the air filter only if you live in a very dry dusty region. Like the desert south west. And its a honda it will last for ever.How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Change it every 3 to 5k miles. Yes change the filter every time. No, you cannot use car oil, it will ruin your engine. When all else fails, check your manual for maintenance schedules.How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Automotive dino juice is more than acceptable, check your owner's manual if you have doubts. Religiously changing the oil and filter as required in your owner's manual is the best path to engine longevity.How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Car oil is OK as long as it doesn't say %26quot;conserves energy%26quot; in the API label on the bottle (usually 10w30 or lighter oil)

I use car oil in my Hondas and have for many years.

I use 5w40 Rotella T Full Synthetic in my VT600-C Shadow and in my wife's VF750-C Magna.



I use either a Purolator %26quot;Pure One%26quot; or Walmart Super Tech oil filter.

3-5,000 miles or every 3-4 months.



If you want to use non-synthetic use Rotella or Delvac for diesel crankcases.How often should I change the oil on my motorcycle, how many miles?Motorcycle oil if you value your ride. 10w40 or better depending on the temperature and how hard you ride. Always change the filter with the oil. READ YOUR MANUAL!!!! All fluid types and frequency of changes will be in there.
  • web hosting forum
  • What's a duvet cover for a bed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment