Friday, June 3, 2011

How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?

I used to own a 2001 New Beetle, I never payed more than $25.00 for an oil change.

I recently had my oil changed in my 2006 New Beetle, and it cost me $75.00. Was I taken advantage of or does this price sound correct to anyone else? They told me my car used a %26quot;special%26quot; oil that would be around $50 or so, then they said I had to have a special oil filter that I'm guess cost around $25.00 Turns out, my special oil is not really that special. Its synthetic castrol. What do you all think??How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?The harsh truth is this is an accurate number for a fully synthetic oil change.



Many shops mark up the price of the oil and filters A LOT! On top of that you are paying for labor. Yes you can get them a little cheaper elsewhere but expect to pay around $60-$80 for a full synthetic oil change.



BTW even with synthetic dont go more than 7500 miles tops before an oil change, most recommend 3k-5k miles.

You can do it yourself for about $35-$40, if you don't want to or can't and go to a shop to have your oil changed, ask them what they include in their oil change that makes it so much. Sometimes they add cleaners that increase the cost but are not neccessary and you can get a lower %26quot;package%26quot; that would just be oil and filter and labor.How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?I just had the oil changed on my 2007 Jetta and it cost me 68.00 dollars!! Talk about high dollar! I dont think I will do that again!

Report Abuse

How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?A 75$ oil change better be fully synthetic, like AmsOil. Any conventional oil change should be around $20.How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?there is a difference in the oil filter but you are also using synthetic now. After all the pains vw had with sludge they are only using synthetic now. The little extra will save long term problemsHow much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?you got ripped off. As far as I know oil changes are just an oil change, why pay that much?How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?I think you should learn to change your own oil, or have a guy take your car next time... it really is true, mechanics can and will take advantage of a female.How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?Castrol is a very good oil and costs way more then regular oil, but they should have told you what the cost was up front before they performed the work,that's the law everywhere, I think you paid $25 more then you shold have, maybe you should learn how to change your own oil? it's not that hard or messy, really! That way you can still use the Castrol and it should only cost you about $15 tops for oil and filter.How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?you took one for the team



5 qt castrol synthetic 20-25 at walmart

bosh filter 4-6 at autozone



35 -45 is a fair price for a synthetic oil change

remember to go 10000-15000 miles to get your money out of it.

Porsche has 15000 mile drain intervals on moble oneHow much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?Is it a diesel? Dont listen to anyone but a mechanic.



Diesels want synthetic :)



Also, to make the engine last longer, run synthetic..



Castrol Synthetic oil is the best.. You did NOT get ripped off, normal oil is cheap as hell compared to the good stuff.



I drive a sports car, it would be dumb to run anything BUT synthetic.. but you drive a VW... haha.How much should an Oil Change cost for a 2006 VW New Beetle Convertible?not more than 50 buck is you buy and do it all your self
  • current lands coupon
  • view myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment