Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do you change the oil filter on a Toyota Tacoma?

I just changed the oil on my %26quot;new%26quot; 1996 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 with the 3.4L V6. That that oil filter is almost impossible to access without removing the front skid plate. Is there some special tool or technique to remove (and install) that oil filter without removing that skid plate?How do you change the oil filter on a Toyota Tacoma?If I can recall its a 14mm Screw that holds it in. I think theres 4 screws. If its like the 2009 Tundra, you can remove the rear bolts and bend the plate, put a piece of paper news paper and slip it underneath, slowly remove the oil filter and oil should start dripping out and hit the news paper and flow down on it into your pan or w.e your using to hold the old oil.How do you change the oil filter on a Toyota Tacoma?Sorry but Japanese engineering ineptitude got you like it got me on my Isuzu. You have to take off the plate to do it................



My Isuzu with the same problem is for sale and will be replaced with a Ford.How do you change the oil filter on a Toyota Tacoma?Take of the plate my Toyota Celica is the same the bottom is covered up

No comments:

Post a Comment